Do you LOVE where you work?
Companies are always changing, growing and evolving therefore, you should love where you work. King Business Interiors is a small woman-owned company so we know the feeling of dreams, taking a risk, hard work, building a family atmosphere and having fun at work.
We offer a competitive salary along with a robust benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, a 401(k) Plan, Supplemental Insurance, Vacation and PTO Days!
If you are interested in learning more about our employment opportunities, please Contact Us.
As our Sales Assistant, you are responsible for the entire sales order fulfillment process, which includes management of customer orders from entry point through punch list, providing support to the sales team, along with accurate and timely service to our customers.
You have previous experience in customer service which enables you to confidently communicate with customers regarding their order status Those same strong communication skills are utilized to communicate with our factory on order status, current lead times, and shipping coordination (via email or phone), as well as vendors and your internal sales/design team.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SALES ASSISTANT
- Previous experience in customer service and order management
- Experience using NetSuite, Sales Force or other ERP/CRM
- Experience with search engines for product research
- Effective communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of the commercial furniture/flooring industry is preferred but not required
Entry Level Interior Designer
The Entry Level Designer is responsible for activities related to design, space planning, creative renderings, and specification of office furniture. This position will support the design process for commercial projects from initial customer meeting through installation. The Entry Level Designer collaborates constantly with other team members, salespeople, and project managers to ensure each step of the process is completed, on-brand, and to the highest standards. This position reports to the Design Director.
- Professional Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited school.
- 2-3 Years of previous design experience related to the commercial furniture industry, preferred but not required
- AutoCad Required & CET Designer Preferred
- Strong MS Office Skills: Publisher, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Proficient in Excel.
- Basic understanding of commercial building codes
- Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills with the ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Support sales staff and design team by laying out, designing and space planning commercial office projects
- Partner with sales team and customers to select fabrics and finishes
- Prepare product specifications in detail and submit to salesperson
- Create material and product presentations (physical and electronic)
- Participate in customer presentations in the office, off-site, and virtual live design
- Create installation package and work closely with project managers to ensure design details are communicated accurately
- Participate in project review with salesperson, sales assistant, and project manager in the checking of specifications, product application and finishes
- Manage changes and revisions
Mid-Level Interior Designer
Our Mid-level Designers provide design services to dealership customers. The Designer partners with the internal dealership team including sales, sales assistants and project managers. Designer will ensure accurate plans and specifications, conformance to customer’s requirements, customer satisfaction and high-quality project implementation. This individual should be a dedicated team member with a positive attitude, shows respect for others and always strives to do the right thing with keeping the customer first.
- Minimum of 5 years related experience in Interior Design or Interior Architecture, preferably with a focus on commercial work
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from a CIDA accredited Interior Design School
- Versatility and experience in industry standard programs, including but not limited to, AutoCAD, CET, Project Spec and the MS and Adobe Suites
- LEED accreditation and NCIDQ Certification are a plus
- Has strong knowledge of interior design field and current practices
- Understands workplace environment issues (ergonomics, technology integration, teaming, alternative officing, etc.)
- Has a working knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA regulations, National Electrical Code, etc.
- Understands contract furniture processes, including order preparation, project management, order management and delivery/installation
- Teams up with customers and salespeople to determine project scope and strategize steps for project development and completion
- Attends client planning meetings; presents graphic presentations, including 3D renderings and live design, for client presentations
- Develops finished working drawings for specification and installation; validates plans against construction, electrical engineering and A&D drawing sets
- Develops product specifications; double-checks specifications against plans; gets specifications order-entry ready using an electronic specification program preferably
- Generate finish plans, specifications, and material selections
- Manages changes and revisions
- Conducts field and punch-list review with project managers and/or installation group
- Works with sales to communicate design and gain customer approval
Commercial Flooring Delivery Driver
The Delivery & Logistics Driver performs efficient delivery of flooring materials to customer’s sites, including loading and securing product into the trucks, driving to the customer’s sites, unloading, and setting in place and getting customer sign-off for receipt of product. In this position, the driver works independently while closely coordinating efforts with the Installation Services team. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, shows respect for others, and always strives to do the right thing with keeping the customer first.
- Proven working experience as a Delivery Driver
- Commercial Flooring Knowledge preferred but not required
- Physically fit and strong, able to lift 50 pounds comfortably
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be willing to submit to employment drug-screen and criminal background checks
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work cohesively as part of a team
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Is comfortable driving a box truck and can do so safely while obeying all traffic rules and being courteous to other drivers on the road
- Performs daily inspection of vehicle and promptly reports any mechanical or miscellaneous difficulties; in the event of an accident or mechanical breakdown, follows company policy exactly including full documentation of incident
- Keeps full, complete, and accurate driving and DOT records; understands basic DOT driving regulations
- Is professional in appearance and in manners with good oral and written communication skills
- Has physical strength and stamina required to lift any flooring materials, boxes and equipment
- Has strong work ethic and very ethical approach to the business; is punctual and self-motivated; has the ability to work irregular hours and/or extended shifts
Commercial Flooring Project Manager
The Flooring Project Manager is responsible for managing commercial flooring and tile installation projects. The ideal candidate is expected to have a thorough understanding of the commercial construction industry and expertise in project budgets, process scheduling, cultivating relationships with vendors, subcontractors, and General Contractors/Clients. This is a highly administrative position.
- Shares responsibility for all aspects of installation projects, from inception to final close-out and invoicing.
- Plans, coordinates and oversees all tasks, critical dates, client and third-party interface and relations, as well as performance quality and customer satisfaction.
- Plans, budgets, oversees and documents all aspects of the specific project including confirm the Takeoff/Estimating quantities before placing purchase orders. This could include a fresh takeoff comparing it with the bid takeoff.
- Quantifies, Prices, and submits Change Orders in a timely manner
- Works with Installation Service Managers (ISM) to guarantee the work is done per plans, project specifications and completion schedule.
- Prepares and issues Installers work orders.
- Ensures the appropriate profitability of each project
- At least 5 years of experience in operations or other related fields in the construction industry.
- Knowledge of flooring and tile materials and their installation methods is preferred.
- Must be an advanced user of MS Excel [able to create/maintain/manipulate workbooks and worksheet] and capable with MS Office and can quickly learn new flooring software utilized throughout our company.
- Must be able to read and understand construction plans and specifications as related to each project given to work on.
- Must be proficient with Callidus Software [able to download documents /create, modify and manipulate layouts / print documents as required].
- Must have a working knowledge of “AR” and “AP” fundamentals.
- Experience in project scheduling and coordination, project management, and general construction practices.
- Strong ability to manage relationships with general contractors, installers, and vendors; outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter with the ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.